Thursday, October 2, 2008

i have a lot of books

song+ Home- Michael Buble- It's Time
book+ none being read, several being packed xD
scent+ ..salt? that's odd
quest+ getting everything packed up
upper+we're very close to moving day!
downer+we're very close to moving day! xD
attire+ junk clothes for cleaning
drink+ milk


today i got the rest of my statue/action figure/video game/strategy guide bookshelf emptied. i also cleared out the shelf that held my old journals and artbooks of varying types (a few cosplay books, a few volumes of art of various manga, some american comic-related stuff too) i also got some of my more oddly-shaped books packed away as box fillers. xD tomorrow i expect to get my trades and manga and the remains of my (non-illustrated) fiction packed up.

i've been labeling my boxes with semi-helpful hints as to what's inside as i go along, but apparently that makes too much sense, so kyu's not doing that. xD he'll just have to dig through every box he packed until he finds whatever he's looking for later. X.x that'll be fun to deal with. he's got the office mostly done, it should be finished up tomorrow. we still have tons to go through, but we've made good progress and we're still on-track for finishing packing up our stuff in time to move it all saturday.

today was much more packing than cleaning, and it feels really good to be at that point. there's still a lot of stuff to get rid of, but i'm at a much better stuff-to-junk ratio than i was yesterday or monday. i'm running out of places to put my packed boxes though. xD i'll have to figure this out soon, because i already have to crawl over the bed to get to the other side of the room, boxes block the way around. X.x it means we're getting somewhere though, right? i hate packing. i'm fine with the lugging and hauling, and i love unpacking, but putting everything in boxes is awful for me. i'm efficient at it, but i hate to do it. to me it's the worst part of moving by far.

i can't wait to be in the new place though. it'll be awesome to only have to deal with our messes and our stuff.


i'm also super excited about my Delphine order. i've heard rumors that DOD may ship the limiteds as soon as 5 weeks after payment, that would be awesome! (she'd arrive around the second week of November then) whether she ships at 5 weeks or ten (the translation is a little iffy) i expect her some time between my birthday and Christmas. that seems like a large range, but i figure it's better to plan for a longer wait and be pleasantly surprised if i get her sooner. she's just so pretty, i can't wait to play with her and show her off.

2 comments:

Rory said...

Good on you with the packing. I HATE packing. I hate moving, and I hate unpacking. I don't mind helping you though. *hugs*

Lynn said...

I had to laugh at your title. You do have a lot of books. But nowhere near as many as I do, LOL.