Sunday, February 17, 2013

and thus i return

song+ Reach Out to the Truth (the Persona 4 theme song)
book+ my DQ9 guide, off and on
quest+ getting the new computer set up like i like it
upper+ i have a computer again
downer+ i'm terrible at remembering username-password matchups
attire+ sleep shorts and a tank
drink+ Dr. Pepper

so my computer died shortly after that last post went up. something inside overheated & shorted or something, but Wolfie managed to frankenstein it to working again with parts from other dead computers he had on hand. most of my stuff was backed up on my external drive, but i lost all my bookmarks, and all the passwords my computer remembered for me are things i have to trial-and-error to get to again. some of them i can't even remember my username, so that'll be interesting. xD i'm seriously absolutely terrible at remembering these things, there's a reason i tend to use the "sure, remember it all for me!" shortcuts whenever they're offered.

my computer dying (and the arrival of my late-Christmas gifts: Persona 4, Professor Layton: Diabolical Box, and Professor Layton: Unwound Future) delayed our completion of the rearranging project in our living room, but this week i think we're gonna really push to get it done. once it is i'll have a dedicated space for painting, and i have a few ideas for projects i'm eager to get started on. once i've done something i'll be sure to share pictures. showing off my paintings is about the only time i use my camera anymore.

let's see, also going on this week, Kyu has made it halfway through Series 3 of New Who. he's not all that fond of Martha as a companion, and he's kinda dreading Donna as he found her almost unbearable in her first appearance. i think she has some of the best Tenth Doctor episodes though, honestly. anyhow, Blink is the next episode, and he's been looking forward to it since it's one of the most hyped episodes. i think he's mostly just eager to get to Eleven, because Clara is the companion he actually likes best (he started with last year's Christmas special, The Snowmen, then decided to backtrack to Nine for clarity) and he's not sure if he'll like Amy/Rory era Who, but i love it, so no way will i let him skip it after working through everything else. xD most of you don't care about Doctor Who though, so i'll move on.

ah, let's see, mentally i'm still sliding toward manic. trying to deal with my increased light sensitivity without retreating to bed to sleep off headaches all the time is the hardest part. i'm trying to keep to a mostly functional sleeping pattern, but (obviously) not doing so well with it lately. still, all i can do is try. *shrug*

1 comment:

Rory said...

OMG YAY! So you totally need to be crossposting to Livejournal, cause I check that daily. XD I'm glad to see you posting again! <3