Sunday, January 17, 2016

i don't care what you say (don't have use for your words anyway)

song+ Carry You There -Hanson -Shout It Out
book+ nothing, really
quest+ living shiny!dex with Rory
upper+ progress on my Rory project
downer+ i don't like being cold
attire+ tights, jean skirt, black shirt, bamboo scarf
drink+ water


there's been progress on the Pokemon project i agreed to help Rory with, and i've started on next month's entry for Wild West's art contest. today it's going up with me and i'll start coloring the pencils i got done on Tuesday. it hasn't been touched since then because my at-home time has been pretty much dedicated to this Pokemon project. i'm two badges in on Pearl, seven in on White, and haven't gotten my pokedex yet but do have my starter on SoulSilver. that only leaves regional dex completion, transfer to W/B2, then playing to completion for gifted prior starters on HG/SS two more times for gifted gen one/three starters. or multiple resets of my actual GBA carts for them, i'm not sure yet which will be less work.

it's a big project, and it'll take a while to get it done, but i enjoy Pokemon, and it gives me a set goal to work toward. having a goal (even a self-imposed silly one) is part of how i motivate myself to do pretty much anything. that and bribery, i'm completely unashamed to say i have more than once been bribed to do dishes when it's not my turn. generally the offer of a toy or something yummy is enough.

No comments: