Thursday, July 22, 2010

State of the Neko address: week 22, part 2

song+ Aphrodite- Kylie Minogue- Aphrodite
book+ Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour
scent+ chocolate
quest+ dolly sewing/ DQ9
upper+ Rorotime was awesome!
downer+ i'm back at work
attire+ work clothes
drink+ milk


so DQ9 is still epic-awesome. I'm nearing the end of the story, which means the other 2/3 of the game should open up to me soon. xD i'm having so much fun with it i've even brought it to work every day this week to play at lunch. i generally leave my DS at home where it's safe.. most of the time. tonight i should finish the story part though, so my intense focus will diminish to determined persistence over a broader span of time. xD post game for me will be maxing out skills and stats, and doing copious amounts of dungeon crawling through the Grotto maps. facing down the legacy bosses will be particularly amusing for me, so i hope to unlock some of them soon.

i think after beating the story part i'll slow down a bit and actually take the time to do other things again.. like sewing for dolls, or playing other games, or even reading the new books i've bought and not touched at all for the past two or three weeks. who knows, i may even pay attention to Kyu again. xD he's been particularly needy and attention-starved since i returned from my Roro-trip. i'm trying to be comforting, but without letting myself be smothered. not too sure i'm doing a good job of it. *sigh*

i am ready for something creative though, i think. i wanna go buy some fabric and see what i end up with for Eve this weekend. i wanna make some more grown-up stuff for her, then i think i'm interested in really trying some doll-scale cosplay things. like i really wanna do something like Scarlet Witch (FaithAnn), Stature (Eve), and girl!Hawkeye (Rosalie) for an Avengers-themed grouping. xD though i'm not sure where i could find MSD scale silver-framed purple-lensed sunglasses.. much less a color-coordinated bow and quiver. xD maybe i could make them myself.. if i have to. i have other ideas i definitely wanna get done too, character-specific, not group things, so maybe i'll start on all that. if i can work up some pattern templates, everything else will go smoother. patterns just aren't fun enough for me to really want to get them made.. sometimes spontaneous draping is more intuitive creatively. great for Eve and her personal style, not so much for superhero costuming.

this week has taken a long time to go by. i mean i don't feel like “oh geez, will this day ever END??” but i have noticed every day this week that it's never as late as i think it is. it can't just be me readjusting to the time zone difference because Kyu's noticed it too. xD whatever. i just hope tomorrow goes marginally quicker, so i can get home and start on awesome weekend stuff. some of which will definitely be dolly-oriented since i promised Roro pictures of a few things that i have yet to take care of. i also wanna show off the awesome Tedros cane i bought for Kyu. it's sweet!

I know Kyu is thinking of taking a few mental health vacation days soon. if he takes August 13th i will too and we'll totally go see Scott Pilgrim together before anyone at work can spoil it for us, and it'll be totally epic. xD having read all 6 volumes i'm super excited for it. i can see how someone who knows nothing about it could think it looks dumb though. the premise (hero must defeat 7 evil exes -of increasing strength- of the girl he likes to date her) is very nerdy. the whole series has heavy video game and music influences. i find it awesome, but i totally get that it's not everyone's thing.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

The idea of a hero battling my evil ex's (not to include your father; ex, yes, evil, no) is appealing. I'm thinking that in my case the hero would have to battle my yarn stash, my spinning stash, my quilting stash, my scrapbooking stash, and my five surviving bookcases.