Monday, February 7, 2011

State of the Neko address: week 51

song+ Enchanted- Taylor Swift- Speak Now
book+ Born In trilogy
quest+ getting product prototypes pulled together
upper+ my feet are healing
downer+ i'm feeling restless and impatient
attire+pants and layered tanks (after it snowing last week too.)
drink+ milk


i have art to share! whee! these drawings are from an attempt to conquer January's insomnia. apparently when i'm unable to sleep i'm more inclined to abstract symbolism and a heavy attachment to song lyrics. i suppose they're all self-portraits of a sort. any attempts at emotional catharsis could be labeled as such really.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

otherwise i suppose i'm doing okay. my left foot is completely better, the right is still blistered but it no longer hurts to walk at all. xD i've been working on adjusting the patterns i've made based on the flaws that show up when i sew with them. i think i have the big hiccups from the Annoying Dress pattern worked out, but i've lost my appropriately colored thread, so i'm putting it aside and working on other things while i (slowly) go through my oodles of things-in-boxes to look for it. you'd think white/off-white thread would be easier to find, so far all i've turned up is blue, and my smoky nylon quilting thread. not really great for sewing white fabrics. for now i intend to use the blue (or better the purple i KNOW i have somewhere) to work on the showgirl dress i've been working on off-and-on for Xavin. it should look pretty sweet when it's done too.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I particularly like the second one, but my loved-algebra-hated-geometry looks at that batwing and thinks "shouldn't that be rotated counter-clockwise about 120 degrees, so that the web/claw is where it joins onto the heart?" and now I sortof want to look at pictures of batwings on Google until I figure it out, instead of playing with the new yarn that came today, 2/3 of which you would not be allergic to (and up with which I will not put).

Jenni said...

As always I look at your drawings and am amazed at your talent. Love ya!