Monday, May 2, 2011

State of the Neko address: week 63

song+ Till the World Ends (remix) -Britney Spears feat. Nicki Minaj & Kesha
book+ S*A (all 17 volumes)
quest+ getting James' birthday present done
upper+ my wrist is finished and looks awesome!
downer+ the fumigation made no difference at all
attire+ pajama shorts and a tank top
drink+ milk! xD


let's see what's new since i last posted. more than i figured since last week's post came so late. XD

Saturday morning mom and i went to a Miniatures show in Dallas. some of the stuff was really neat, and we followed it up with Ihop, so that was fun all around. after returning to Arlington i dropped off my leftovers and picked up my army book to head up to the comic shop and watch everyone else play Fantasy games. i learn visually better than anything else, so i like watching. i spent lots of time talking with my friend Krista outside while she smoked too, she gets bored watching after a while, and is really fun to talk to, so i didn't mind. Kyu was gonna finish my Wonder Woman tattoo, but Vance (the tattoo shop owner) was in a bad mood, putting Kyu in a bad mood, and he's smart enough to know not to try to tattoo me in a lousy mood.

Sunday was better for that so i headed in with him to get it done, and Vance was asking why he's never done anything BIG on me. my answer was that he's shot down all my big designs as being to complex or annoying for his skill level and patience (which i can totally respect) but Vance decided to go through all his flash art to see if there was anything i'd agree to. he found a plushie cow design that was cute, it had a comic bookish "squeeze me!" caption bubble on the belly, and i suggested turning it into a moose instead. i even explained it as "i love my sister, but sometimes she just makes you wanna squeeze her until she can't speak". so i now have a completed amazon branding on my wrist, and the lines for my squishy moose adorning my left thigh.

Photobucket Photobucket

it turns out tattooing me is hard and annoying because my skin rejects the ink, so the needle has to be extended a bit further, and injected a bit deeper. it's possibly related to how i heal really fast, and how my hair not only grows out crazy quick, but rejects foreign color and styling of any type. xD it's possible, but it's more difficult to do anything. Vance described it as having "rubbery skin" which i chose to interpret as a comment on my superhuman healing factor, and not an accidental comparison to a whale or walrus.. X.x after the line art has healed, we'll get to coloring it. i told Kyu that he can do it any colors he wants since it's a plushie and realism is not really a concern, and he said green and purple, but i have no idea if he was joking. xD i'm not worried really.

i'm working now on a way to put together a WHF Brettonian (Arthurian Britain really) army to a Narnian theme. i wanna do a list with the four Pevensie children, but i also wanna do a Prince Rilian/Green Knight list with a Lady of the Green Kirtle since the Silver Chair is my favorite Narnia book.. it's not one i can afford to but the things for (especially since i still haven't pulled together all my Dark Elf list) but it's fun to plan out something so heavily themed. xD really it'll only be to have fun with since most of the models will be heavily modded and from other army sets, most of the Brettonian models won't suit for what i have in mind at all.

i think for now that's all that's going on.

No comments: