Monday, May 23, 2011

State of the Neko address: week 66

song+ Till the World Ends- Britney Spears- Femme Fatale
book+ Honest Illusions
quest+ getting my Pathfinder character built
upper+ the Unicorn/Seraph twins have been ordered
downer+ nothing i can think of presently
attire+ khakis and my Mario Kart tee
drink+ milk


so i did see Thor last week, and it was as good as everyone said it would be. i've done some sewing for the Adamelli girls that likely won't make it home until August at the earliest, and the stuff is pretty cute. i'm pleased. xD

unrelated, the increased frequency of trailers for X-Men First Class had me looking it up on IMDB and Wikipedia. the cast list has me TOTALLY PSYCHED for it! i know that some of the other X-Men films have been less than stellar, but seeing the Hellfire Club as the villains (and the casting for Sebastian Shaw and Emma Frost in particular) has me more and more excited. Kevin Bacon and January Jones? yes, please! also the choices for the lesser known mutants to round out the cast have me really excited.

it's boring to watch the original 5 all the time, so seeing Havok (the other Summers brother), Banshee, Darwin, and girl!Angel is pretty awesome to me, even if Beast is randomly there without Cyclops (but hey- we get his brother), Jean (with Emma and Xavier there's no need for a third telepath), Iceman, or guy!Angel (really two Angels would be confusing). also (mutant-not-demon) Azazel and Mystique (probably?) fighting on the same side makes me kinda happy inside since they're Nightcrawler's future (at this point) parents.

i'm excited from a costuming perspective, the costumes are closer to the comics and further from the other movie's leather-is-all-we-need perspective. i squealed in glee the first time i saw Banshee's striped wing glide-enabling arm-to-torso things, and again when i saw Emma in her White Queen regalia turning to diamond. Emma's by far my favorite X-book character (so delightfully manipulative and droll), and i think i love villain!Emma more than reformed and co-leading the X-Men!Emma. i'm hoping this one will be better than the other X-films, like Iron Man and Thor have been good. i know that there's a good chance it could end up closer in watchability to Daredevil or Wolverine Origins, especially being unaffiliated with the Avengers build-up, but with the better Marvel movies lately i can't help being excited. xD

i've watched all the available trailers so far for it and while there's the expected mish-mash of canon and random, the details of how all the powers work/are controlled, and the cause of Beast's secondary mutation are accurate and made me hop out of my seat clapping. even Kyu is psyched for this one, HE suggested we hit it up with the Warhammer/Pathfinder group. like after work that Friday, or after the usual gaming that Saturday (which is the day we always see each other. it'll be totally awesome, i can already tell.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

You kinda lost me at "Thor", which I loved. Which is probably kinda how you feel when I launch into yarnovers and SSK's, right? And the only Emma's I know are R (from your childhood), Smith, and Peel (the British "Avengers" TV show from the 60's). I will now go eat M&M's until my head stops spinning. (Love you!)