Wednesday, June 15, 2011

State of the Neko address: week 69

song+ Magic- B.o.B.- the Adventures of Bobby Ray
book+ nothing
quest+ getting painting again
upper+ Kyu may have a new job lined up
downer+ can't think of one..
attire+ blue and white sundress
drink+ milk


things are going a bit better on the computer front now. Kyu bought a replacement monitor for 5 bucks that had no cords, but it ended up being just as dead as my other one, so we dug into the closet and got out our bulky spare. my desk had to be pulled away from the wall to fit it, but i'm at my computer again, even if i am back at 800 resolution. xD i got spoiled by my old wide screen. *sigh*

last weekend was fun with Lachelle's wedding reception. i went with Moose as Kyu had to be at a tattoo convention and Eric hurt himself so we were both without our boyfriends. that worked out fine really. xD we danced together and had fun sitting with Jenni & Derek, and off and on Angela & Jaren and Angela & Bret.

it's funny, as soon as i made the actual decision to go to the bank and talk to someone about getting a loan or credit card to buy what i still need to REALLY get my business going, i managed to find the paintbrushes i've been looking for for about 3 months. xD i guess that means i'm doing the right thing? i'm a big believer in nonverbal signs from the universe that i'm doing the right thing, sometimes it's a feeling, and sometimes it's EVERYTHING going right for me. xD yesterday i registered Atelier Nekokoi as my business name, with the things mom translated for me being used to differentiate the types of products i'll be offering. Atelier du Coeur will be my paintings, Atelier de l'Ame the doll dresses. i'm not sure what will be Atelier de l'Esprit but the three all felt right to me. today i'm going back to the bank to see what i qualify for with the initial steps taken care of.. i'm cautiously excited. xD (having been i should have results in the mail in like a week, acceptance or rejection, at least i've taken the first step.)

but yeah, yesterday afternoon i found my paintbrushes after getting home from registering the name. they were in a place i've easily checked four or five times, but having found them, i've washed the dust out of them and am looking forward to using them. i enjoyed my painting day with moose a while back, but i wanna be able to paint as a solitary venture since that's likely to turn out entirely different results. i just have to put away some of the other art stuff in the office first so there's room to set up my easel. xD i have so much art stuff that i can't have it all in a position to be used at the same time. since we're getting onto Pathfinder now, i'll likely put away my Warhammer things in the hall closet, and some of my fabric inventory in the office closet so i can set up the easel by the window. that seems like the best compromise to me in terms of productivity and ease.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I had fun with you too and best of luck in your ventures.