Monday, April 5, 2010

State of the Neko address: week 7

song+ Amerca's Suitehearts- Fall Out Boy- Folie a Deux
book+ FFXIII strategy guide
scent+ chocolate-dipped rice krispie treats
quest+ saving to visit Roro
upper+ i'm feeling creative again
downer+ so little time..
attire+ work clothes
drink+ milk!


this weekend not much happened. still no progress on anything costume-related. played more FFXIII- still awesome. Mostly i slept and tried to make my left shoulder feel better. i dislocated it in my sleep Thursday morning, then AGAIN Saturday morning. not fun. It hasn't happened since, but it's still sore today. X.x i woke up every time i rolled onto my left side because it hurt so much, but i guess it kept me from dislocating it again..? so it could be worse, i suppose. only having one fully functional arm seriously impeded anything i attempted this weekend. i never realized how much i need my left arm until this point. ugh. i mean, most things i do with my left arm can be done with my right, and vice versa, but two-handed tasks leave me essentially screwed. it's doubly strange for me since i'm totally used to my left side being the side more resistant to injury. xD most of the time i hurt my right side and my left gets to compensate. this reversal is bizarre and a half. I'm hoping to feel fully recovered soon.

Scarbie opens this weekend, very exciting! Saturday is kyu's uncle Bill's birthday so we'll be with the family, but Sunday is totally our first visit of the season. kyu, Suzy and i should all be going out Sunday for a wicked-awesome time. xD i think it'll be Suzy's first time. i'm probably gonna rent her a costume too, for a fully comprehensive first time visit. if she really likes it and wants to return, we can work on building her one of her own, but for the first time, renting is totally the way to do it. man now i realize i really need to get working on moving the pile of junk keeping me out of the Costume Closet. xD i only have so long to get my stuff pulled out and sorted (possibly ironed, it's been a while) and ready to be worn. xD

hmm okay. so apparently Scarbie Sunday is just me and Suzy. she apparently feels that she doesn't know me well enough (you'd think 8+ years would be plenty of time to get to know me, because Kyu and i were friends before we were dating) or that i don't like her or something. so it'll be a girl-day and Kyu's first day this year will be a little later. possibly the James' Birthday trip, but maybe sooner, especially sine i'm not sure i've talked James into doing a birthday trip at all. xD Kyu wants to do a birthday barbecue for him. I figure we could hit up Scarbie then return home for barbecue.. apparently that never occurred to Kyu as a possibility. we'll see how things shake down in the next few weeks, i guess. if he'd rather not do either thing, we'll just do something else. it is his birthday after all, and only my half-birthday. xD

for a few days i was freaking out over what to do for mom's birthday this year.. then i remembered- after Cuprit i'm covered for the next few years beyond a cursory call or text. if she wasn't so busy, i'd offer to have her be my +1 at Scarbie that weekend. mom has a life though so that weekend is probably already pretty much booked. XD if i'm wrong though, you wanna go mommy? it could be pretty fun, and it's been a long time since we went together. i'm thinking i'd like to do a season pass this summer, but i'll want someone to hang out with every visit. i'm not the kind of person who can be content to wander on my own. i need someone with me as a buffer against conversation with strangers. xD even thinking of having to talk to people i don't know is a terrifying concept.. STRANGER DANGER! xD

also re: Jen also listening to Fall Out Boy, i recently got most of their discography including the old indie stuff, and some of it's better than the new stuff! xD if you want, at some point we can trade some music. <3

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Yea on the music front and maybe I'd go to Scarorough sometime with you. I haven't been in years.

nekokoi said...

yay! xD let me know which weekends work for you for either thing. <3