Monday, October 11, 2010

State of the Neko address: week 34

song+ Only One- Yellowcard- Ocean Avenue
book+ Dthe Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need (blame dad)
scent+ turkey sandwich
quest+ getting Carina
upper+ napping is awesome
downer+ i am pitifully poor
attire+ work clothes
drink+ milk


this past week’s craziness was so extreme that i didn’t really have any time to draft my customary second post of the week. xD to catch up on what would have been in it, Warhammer yay! i spent Saturday painting my repeater bolt throwers to look inadvertently steampunkish. also, i made the second payment on not-named-Carina. very exciting progress actually, the final payment should be made by the end of the month. the deadline is Nov 5, but it should be sent sooner than that.

this paycheck is likely to go to other things, Halloween costume bits and pieces, hair dye, whatever else i realize i'm in need of between now and then. xD good gloves for hair dying- Kyu got paint on the pair we had after he failed to think at all about whether they’d be needed to restore my head to relative normalcy.

in other whatever-ness, my boss is out today for schooling related obligations for her kids, so i get Tiff to assist me in getting everything done. xD it’s nice to know i won’t be mega-rushed and also that nobody will be standing behind me at any point watching me work and waiting for something to criticize. also Tiff and i get on pretty well, so splitting our not-insubstantial workload has gone pretty easily thus far. simple, easy work days are nice, but sadly kinda rare. it seems they only come around when my boss isn’t here..

it occurrs to me that my social calendar for October is oddly full, this weekend is a (tentative) trip to the local(ish) GW store with the warhammer group, buying Halloween costume components, and also de-greening my hair, next weekend is my birthday trip to Cheesecake Factory with the Wifey and our dolly kiddos, and the weekend after is a dolly date with mom, and Halloween itself.

it’s my favorite holiday so it’s worth noting. xD at this point what i've decided to do for work is a Ravenclaw Hogwarts uniform, for non-work i'm sorely tempted by a Golden Age Wonder Woman costume, that’s the version with the skirt. xD i can get it relatively inexpensively and some actually-accurate boots too, but neither is cheap, so i'm still deciding on that part. the Ravenclaw one is for sure though. at this point all i need is a white blouse and grey or black knee-high socks. i'll be making the uniform skirt myself (since i have a pattern and appropriate material) and already have proper shoes and the tie and scarf. i do adore Halloween though. xD

if i can get my serger set up and calibrated it’ll make finishing up costumes a breeze. if i can’t, there’s a good bit of hand-sewing ahead of me to get a skirt done. xD hopefully i'm up to the challenge. i suppose the first step is lugging the thing upstairs. digging out the needed pattern and fabric is probably a step in the right direction too. i know i could buy a skirt, but odds are good that it wouldn’t be quite what i'm wanting and looking for. i'm aiming for knee length and of a specific slightly dropped-waist style that’s more flattering to my hips than a traditional pleated skirt, especially when paired with a dress shirt.

i guess that’s it for today though, and hopefully there’ll be time later this week for another post. only doing one las week was kinda bizarre for me. xD

No comments: