Friday, November 5, 2010

State of the Neko address: week 37, part 3

song+ Evacuate the Dancefloor- Cascada
book+ nothing currently
scent+ chicken
quest+ getting in shape/learning to drive
upper+ Carina is paid off!
downer+ i am ..listless?
attire+ pajamas
drink+ water


my first day at the new job was Wednesday and it went well, i think. the only day i work this week since the schedule was made up before i got hired. xD decent feedback was given, no glaring errors and i didn't blow up a cash register or anything. the other people were friendly and helpful and i think i'll manage to get the hang of things pretty quickly, though some of the stuff i've already forgotten. X.x there's a lot to learn though so hopefully i'll be given a few days to get more of it under control and remembered.

so far the strangest thing is adjusting to a part-time schedule. getting out of bed is hard on days i don't have to work, which kinda goes against my 'hey, let's get in shape!' goal. today i only slept in by a few hours so it's getting better already, i guess. xD in theory it'd be great if i got up with Kyu and worked out or something in the morning before doing something vaguely productive with my day, as opposed to sleeping in, eating something and playing video games until Kyu comes home.. or i could at least compromise and play something almost-healthy on the Wii.. but no, i'm going the sit-in-a-chair controller route. i'm thinking though that when i have money again (in a few months or something) that getting a Kinect for my 360 could get me off my butt and playing a dance game or something to work out in a fun way.. i'm a long way from being able to afford anything like that though so yeah, for now i suppose i should focus on convincing myself that WiiPlay/WiiSports would be a totally awesome way to spend a few hours. xD

the only other thing going on is that i made the final payment on Carina today, and requested that she not ship to the old job after all. xD that would be a smidgen awkward.. not the end of the world since Kyu still works there and i put it as the shipping address months ago when it seemed i'd be there forever, but yeah- a bit awkward. odds are now significantly greater i'll be home to sign when she arrives anyhow, so it's fine to have her sent here. xD that's it so far as updating everyone goes though. i'm off to force myself to work out! yippee.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

You still haven't told us WHERE you work.
I know the feeling of not wanting to do much useful if you don't have to get up and go to work. Once I called Bon when I woke up on a Sat and her children were shocked that it was 9:00 am and I was just waking up. lol

Jenni said...

also, text me about figuring out a good time to do some driving lessons this next week.

Jenni said...

also, also... I now am sincing Cascada in my head! Thanks for that.