Friday, November 12, 2010

State of the Neko address: week 38, part 2

song+ Can't Get You Out of My Head- Kylie Minogue- Fever
book+ Happily Ever After- Nora Roberts
scent+ toasted waffles
quest+ getting in shape/learning to drive
upper+ Carina is shipping!
downer+ my arms are killing me today
attire+ pajamas
drink+ milk


hello all! it's now friday and the last half of my week ha been about as crazy as the first half, but even more fun! xD Wednesday was mellow fun after posting. i spent the day altering my Kindle library, removing things i didn't like, looking for similar things to books i did like, there's enough on it now to keep me entertained for a few days when other options aren't feasible. yesterday my last check from the old job hit my account and was larger than i'd expected, so i was able to pay my phone bill AND buy the Kinect i've wanted, and i still have enough left to cover the water bill when we get it next week!

after getting it home and setting it up, i jumped right into playing. i did about 15 minutes of the pack-in Adventure game (which is pretty lame and only fun in groups i think) then switched to what i REALLY wanted to play- Dance Central. i played that for about an hour and a half. until i realized i had carpet burn on the bottom of my feet (quite painful- don't play barefoot, wear socks at least) and my shoulders and knees were starting to creak. i took a break and cleaned up the room with Kyu when he got home from work, so there's (in theory at lest- he wouldn't help me test it) room for two to play if desired. then tried again (with socks) and while my feet fared better, i was still too sore and became unable to keep breathing about a third of the way into my second song. the hip-hop moves are hard for me, they seem entirely counter-intuitive so repeating the same three moves of 'Crank Dat (Soulja Boy)' took as long as learning the entire routine to 'Poker Face'. X.x i slept in this morning by a good bit and i'm still so sore it hurt to brush my hair today. that's mostly from the Saturday Night double disco move in 'Funkytown', but my legs are protesting too. my knees are displeased with the quick crouch-and-turn that's a third of 'Evacuate the Dancefloor' (this was also a contributing factor to the carpet burns on my feet) and my hips and feet are both upset with the lunging hops that require rotating 180 degrees in a two count, four times in a row.. that's sadly the only move i managed to figure out from the hip-hop repertoire. xD there's still tons to go, but i think my current fitness level demands i take it a bit easier, even though i WANT to play today. maybe when Wolfie comes over we can just flail to the Adventure game in two player mode and that can be my cardio for the day. his heart monitor won't let him dance, i already know that for sure..

so far as today's excitement goes, Corin is due to arrive in a few hours. her tracking hasn't updated from clearing customs yesterday, but from experience, i know that it takes about 12-16 hours to get from clearing customs to my local PO, then packages get delivered independently from the other mail runs. with a guaranteed delivery deadline of today, i'm not worried about it, just excited and looking forward to painting her face soon. i should dig out my supplies while i'm waiting i guess. on the bright side, pictures of her soon!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I have dinner w/Brother Sushi today; shall I swing by to meet the new resin kid while waiting for him to get home from work?