Monday, April 4, 2011

State of the Neko address: week 59

song+ Till the World Ends- Britney Spears- Femme Fatale
book+ Mysterious anthology
quest+ making clothes for Vanille
upper+ Vanille is home!
downer+ the weather is too damp to finish her
attire+ pajamas! xD
drink+ milk (obviously)


today my darling Vanille made it home to me! i never got a shipping notice on her at all, the post lady just knocked on the door at 11 and asked me to sign the little slip. xD she is so so SO adorable! (i wanted to ass more SOs, but didn't out of courtesy for you, the readers) quite possibly the cutest thing in the history of EVER! xD no pictures yet, i keep taking them with my phone, but can't get those onto the computer. currently she's still blank, and all she has to wear are cast-off barbie clothes which are pretty huge on her, but i adore her already. the magnets that hold on her kitty parts are pretty strong and i'm pleased with that, my only issue is that the pigtails on her wig are separate pieces sewn on, and they happen to each be centered precisely over the magnets that need to hold her kitty ears on. this means that before i do her faceup and blushing (the weather's still too wet) I'll fix her hair properly and more than likely take some incomplete-but-adorable photos of her. i tried drafting this earlier when she first arrived and i was ecstatic and sleep deprived, but all that came out then was unintelligible gibberish. xD i'm doing substantially better this time.

let's see, what else happened since last Monday? i finished th first draft of the Rosette dress (in black pinstripes) and it's not sellable. i know where i went wrong with it though and the pattern pieces have been corrected. i haven't gotten to sewing the second draft just yet, but it'll happen soon. i emailed mom some of my ideas for shop names, but she hasn't gotten back to me just yet.. *nudge nudge* i understand though since she's been feeling lousy.

i've been going through the special features on everything i own while i work, and i'm almost out of things with interesting special features. xD my favorite things are obviously costuming features, but if all that's there is multiple commentaries i'll watch a movie with each of them droning on in the BG while i'm fussing with things. i've actually gotten to the point that i'm kinda out of features and i'm borrowing other people's movies, or working my way through TV shows i've seen enough times there's no need to actually watch the screen to get whats happening. xD

Saturday was girl day, and it was fun. Moose had to work at both her jobs, and mom was still pretty under-the-weather, so it was me Jenni and Bonnie, but we had fun. Jenni and i did come kid-wrangling for a while when Bonnie and Tyson were finishing up other things, but since Bonnie's kids are utterly delightful it was fun. there were board games, and movies and two small children informing me the only game on my phone "isn't very fun" ..since it's brick break i'm inclined to agree. xD i played Candy Land for the first time, and learned what Doodle Dice is. i helped with a craft project and sang along to a musical i ADORE but realize isn't to everyone else's taste. really the only thing missing from my Saturday was getting to see James (i usually go up to the shop for the Warhammer group on Saturday), but i texted him and he replied and it was fine. xD Sunday was boring, i pretty much just slept.

today was phenomenal though! i woke up Sunday night (because yeah, that's how i roll) and worked on finding something new to watch/listen to while i work, read a few books. i listened to a storm and did some research. after Kyu had left for work, he called and said he and James were on the way home. the storm knocked out power at the office and they were told to leave and they'd be called when things were back on, so i got a surprise hour with my love and his brother (whom i also love, though differently) this morning before they had to head back into work. we laughed and talked, and ran to the grocery store to buy milk and breakfast, two things i'm remarkably fond of. xD it was awesome. then about an hour later the other awesome happened and Vanille was home. so yeah, that's all of it, you're caught up now.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

When I'm me again, and not this crazy prednisone-fueled amazon, and I can think creatively instead of practically, I'll get back to you on those names. Maybe. You might have to remind me. [Oh-look-shiny! Spreadsheets!]

Jenni said...

Before I even read your post... are you listening to the new britney album?

Jenni said...

I'm sad that mom and rose weren't there, but I'm so glad that you came and spent the whole day with me and the rest of the fam-dam-ly. I really enjoyed your company all day long!

nekokoi said...

totally LOVING the new Britney album. yes. xD