Thursday, May 20, 2010

State of the Neko address: week 13, part 2

song+ This Ain't a Scene, It's An Arms Race- Fall Out Boy- Infinity On High
book+ Supergirl- Friends and Fugitives
scent+ melted cheese
quest+ saving to visit Roro
upper+ Rosalie's paid off!
downer+ the apartment's REALLY messy
attire+ pajamas. surprise! xD
drink+ milk!


today has me feeling like i'm forgetting something. i've checked my schedule and my phone enough to know that i'm probably not, but i can't shake the feeling that i'm missing something i shouldn't be. it's strange and disorienting. i'm about half an hour ahead of my schedule so far as assigned tasks go, in fact they've all been going smoother than they normally do. that could (in theory) explain the sense of being off-center, but it's less trepidation and more absence of something unknown i'm feeling. it's bewildering and frustrating..

at least my breathing is almost normal again. and my left shoulder's behaving itself again too, so yay! I'm hoping to maintain this semblance of normalcy for a while. long enough to maybe get something done around the apartment. last night we got rid of our absurdly uncomfortable couch, and now we're in the process of cleaning up everything else to match the new found sense of spaciousness. we made pretty good progress last night, but there's still a while to go. dog hair and chewed-up bits of miscellany really have a way of getting into the hidden spaces and corners of EVERYTHING, making the otherwise not-bad-at-all clutter seem horrendous. resultantly, we're cleaning and deciding as we go what we still love and what can be thrown out, given away, or sold. when we're done with the living room, the easy chair will come downstairs again and i'll make progress on the upstairs clutter again. my progress from a few weeks ago was halted by the shoulder issues, but i'm ready to get at it again.

last night i heard that ABC has signed off on a reboot of Hawaii 5-0 for their fall lineup. i watched the trailer last night and i have to say, i'm seriously excited about it. xD Hawaii 5-0 reruns were one of my favorite things to watch growing up, along with black and white Perry Mason episodes (Raymond Burr was my first celebrity crush) so as long as they approach this reboot from a respectful angle (like the '09 Star Trek did) i think it could end up really awesome.

i get people recommending tv shows to me all the time, sometimes they're spot-on, and sometimes i wonder WHY things get suggested to me. when i hear enough times about any one show, i'll put it on my list. things on the list get looked up on wikipedia, then if it seems interesting enough, i'll look for it on youtube to try it out before buying. if someone's willing to let me borrow their copy, it can skip to the top of my list, but that doesn't happen too often. Last time anything skipped the list, it was season one of Chuck, which i liked, but not enough to watch it on Mondays when new episodes air. Avatar the Last Airbender is on my list toward the bottom, but Tiff has loaned me her boxed sets of the first two seasons (out of three) so i'll start watching it this weekend. i've only ever heard Kyu say anything bad about it, everyone else seems to adore it, so we'll see where my opinion falls on the spectrum. as much as i love Kyu, we have vastly different tastes in entertainment. xD

the girl i bought Rosalie from has run into some issues with her son's health, so while the package is addressed to me and securely packed up, she hasn't been able to ship it off yet. i'm pretty understanding of a child too young to be left alone, and too sick to walk to the post office with her, but the selfish part of me is ready to have this girl come home already.. xD i'm impatient for a lot of things lately though, so i guess i'll just make myself wait patiently.. not one of my stronger skill sets. *sigh*

No comments: