Friday, May 21, 2010

State of the Neko address: week 13, part 3

song+ Thnks fr Mmrs- Fall Out Boy- Infinity On High
book+ Supergirl- Power, Candor, and Identity TPs
scent+ dust
quest+ saving to visit Roro
upper+ Rosalie's shipped!
downer+ the apartment's still pretty messy
attire+ pajamas. surprise! xD
drink+ milk!


more progress was made cleaning up the living room last night. it's still not done, but about a third of it now looks like your average livable space. xD it's the deciding what can be thrown out that's slowing it up, but it's making a bigger difference overall. this weekend Kyu's skipping his Warhammer group thing, so we should be able to get it done to the point where we wouldn't be embarrassed to have guests over. that'll be pretty nice.

sometime Thursday we should be to the point that i can get into the closet with my comics, so i'll finally be able to go through them and sell what i don't need or want anymore. i was planning to last weekend, but realized i couldn't reach them at all. i've found a pretty good sized pile of comics loose and un-filed in the course of my cleanup already. I didn't realize how much i'd managed to accumulate in the course of a few years. -_-; i definitely wanna get a trade put together though, so i can clear out a LOT of space, and also so i can use the proceeds to catch up on the subs i have (still) waiting for me at the main store.

i started pricing flight tickets this week, and i'm aiming to have my to-and-from-Roro flights booked and paid for early June. that gives me security that yes, i'll actually get to go, and also saves me money by booking in advance. also after buying the tickets, i'll know how much else i need to save toward the trip for the other expenses. i've already started drafting my packing checklist to minimize the possibility of leaving anything we've talked about using behind. xD by the time i'm actually packing, i'll have the list organized by luggage pocket and importance of item. i'm just super excited about this trip, for one cause i'll get to see Roro, but also because it'll be my first real doing-something vacation since Florida a few years ago. the last one before that was a spring break road trip with mom, Roro, and Moose YEARS ago.. and it wasn't great overall, with the sibling fights, and the getting sick.. and the gulf being too cold to really swim in.. which was seriously lame, but obviously beyond our control. xD

so random work-rant: you know what makes me CRAZY? people who shuffle about and NEVER PICK UP THEIR FEET. the perpetual skritch skritch slide sounds drive me batty, and it's particularly annoying since my boss does it and feels the need to walk around my (un-carpeted) part of the office every half hour or so to stretch her back. i get needing to move now and then, but i think she does it excessively. also, there's NO call for standing directly behind me (another thing i abhor) and watching me work. sometimes it's under the guise of reminding me of my assigned tasks, but that's what my schedule is for, and if i'm the one that listed the remaining tasks not 15 minutes ago, WHY would you need to wander back and be all “don't forget to do whatever” WHILE I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF DOING IT?? ugh. xP also, “remember to do” is better than “don't forget” because the human mind frequently overlooks negatives. “don't forget” is subconsciously processed as “forget” so really the reminders? not helping! sorry, but it needed to be said, and saying it here and not to her lets me keep my job. *shrug*

whatever though. it's almost the weekend, so i can deal with anything i need to until the time i can go home and not stress about anything at all. there's stuff i need to get done this weekend, and goals i've set for myself, but nothing that'll make me stress.

oh! Rosalie shipped yesterday. last i checked, she was outbound from Australian customs in Sydney. i should have her home with me sometime next week, so that's very very exciting! with the living room all cleaned up and organized, i should even be able to set up an area for doing her blushing and faceup. all the custom stuff that's gonna be so time-consuming will really go more smoothly if i have a good amount of space to spread out my supplies and parts over. especially since i'll be redoing FaithAnn at the same time.

i really need to get some clear detail shots of Moose's most distinguishing characteristics to use as reference for Rosalie. i think i'll have her take some pics of me at the same time so i can try do leave out my own biases this attempt at FaithAnn's face. xD FaithAnn kinda resembles me now, but i want to do better next time. i want people to know without a doubt that she's tiny me. i'm also gonna try for a lot more detail this time around. before her tattoo looked like mine side by side, but just looking at hers, it was a kinda smudgy blob. xD for the tattooing i'm gonna have my watercolor pencils practically razor sharp. it'll be the next thing to a real needle doing them. i'm also gonna do one girl first, spray the first layer of sealant, work on the other girl and spray her, and by the time that's done, the first should be ready for her second layer of sealant. i didn't allow enough time to dry last time and it picked up dust and didn't set the art completely. my impatience won't get the best of me this time around, i swear.

No comments: