Thursday, September 9, 2010

State of the Neko address: week 29, part 2

song+ Spinning Around- Kylie Minogue- Light Years
book+ Immortal Weapons
scent+ pasta
quest+ getting Carina
upper+ i'm slowly making progress on most efforts
downer+ i am pitifully poor
attire+ work clothes
drink+ Dr Pepper


plans changed and Cheesecake with the wifey (and our boyfriends) and dolls was last night. it was great, Cheesecake Factory does a Baked Potato Soup almost as good as the sorely missed Bennigans did. i ordered the Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake to go with it and it’s AMAZING! xD i couldn’t finish either so leftovers are for today’s meals. everything i've ever ordered there has tasted just as good the next day, chilled or re-heated, so i don’t have trouble paying so much to eat there. others have more trouble justifying the cost though. i love going, so long as i have enough forewarning to budget the paycheck that’ll be paying for it. dinner for two last night (after tip) was 45 bucks. totally worth it though. *nod* totally.

sadly, less progress has been made regarding moving things around than i’d hoped. ..as in i've done nothing at all. xD i plan to rectify this tonight while Kyu does laundry and there’s nothing distracting on tv. i want to at least get our bed and clean clothes into the smaller room (for now i'm totally fine with leaving the dirty laundry behind until it gets washed) along with the dresser and dolls. then i wanna get to shuffling the bigger room into a decent office-type space. and getting the laundry sorted into reasonable loads to be done over the next while. we’ve kinda fallen (WAY) behind on it. xD

so yeah, this is me pep-talking the crap out of myself to see if it makes any difference whatsoever in my productivity tonight. we'll see i guess. xD

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I tackled Mount Washmore on Wednesday night. Feels really good to be done with it for two or three weeks! I am taking a staycation starting next Wednesday, and part of each day will be spent tidying and finding new homes for stuff. I will bribe myself with social activities and naps. When doing housework or any other distasteful task, I remind myself that I can eat an elephant, one bite at a time.

Nobody says I have to actually swallow the elephant.

Jenni said...

I hope you got a lot done last night and I'm looking forward to seeing you tonight!