Thursday, September 16, 2010

State of the Neko address: week 30, part 2

song+ You Are the Music in Me- HSM2
book+ Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide 2010
scent+ Fantasy (by Britney Spears) ..don't judge me! it smells good! xD
quest+ getting Carina
upper+ i'm slowly making progress on most efforts
downer+ i am pitifully poor
attire+ work clothes
drink+ milk


i'm feeling good with myself, i got started on the from-home data entry i'm doing for store credit and so far I’ve earned a little over 45 bucks. it would have been more but i had a persistent error and lost a day. *shrug* i'm still making respectable progress and if i really bucke down and work hard on it tonight, i could probably make enough this week to cover the special order of the last things i need for my army. that’d be nice. then i'd have no real time crunch for anything else, but the option of continuing however i wish.

of course before i could start the data entry, i had to make a certain amount of progress cleaning up the living room, so i feel good in that regard too. the rest of the room is still in need of a concentrated effort, but my desk is cleared off again for the first time since moving into this unit. because i don’t habitually lose things, my desk is the place everyone puts the Important Things. then they leave them there after the fact and it all builds up until Everything gets put there, "temporarily" of course, and after a while landslides of months-old papers go flying and i’m asked why i’m making such a mess. ugh. xD it’s not so bad now though, i've been keeping everything off it this week.. we’ll see how long my resolve lasts, i guess.

so i have to say, i was a fan of Katy Perry’s first album (One of the Boys), it was fun and smart-ish, and she actually sang without obvious modulation. the new one (Teenage Dream) is all autotune and obvious innuendo; there’s no substance at all. i like Kesha’s album (Animal) in spite of the autotune because the songs are still clever, but Teenage Dream is all pointless (unfunny) sex jokes and the few songs with a point are excessively whiny and prone to foul language. i do get that sometimes other words get a point across more easily, but when there’s no actual point to drive home there’s no need for the song to exist, much less offend. it could be my mood, so maybe i'll listen again when i'm feeling differently, but for now i have to say not really a fan of it. the few songs she actually sings on are almost ballads, but there’s still a misplaced heavy synthetic beat in the background. it’s jarring to say the least. *sigh* it really shouldn’t be so hard to find decent new music.

that makes me sound like a grumpy old person, but it really shouldn’t be so hard to find something new that wouldn’t offend people if i suggested they listen to it. xD all i know is when i get a new album and listening to it makes me seek out the HSM2 soundtrack for deeper lyrics and richer melodies, it’s kinda telling. as much as i love the HSM franchise, i harbor no delusions regarding its artictic merit. X.x it’s fun and entertaining, but far from award-worthy. except maybe the third one, that one’s production values were way better. xD it did get a theatrical release after all.

it’s been an interesting day at work- lunch was catered, and my boss took the afternoon off for parent-teacher conferences, but the biggie is that the internet is down throughout the office. xD it makes customer support of any kind rather difficult. i was in the middle of answering an e-mail when i heard and decided to just let it sit there until it’s back up so i don’t have to draft it over again later. when it’s working again, i'll just hit ‘send’ and be done with it. xD

i have to say, sometimes we get really interesting catalogs. my desk faces that of our chief Buyer, so i see a lot of the things no one else does. today that included a catalog of extreme niche-market books, some of which looked really interesting (ones on designers like Lanvin, and Balenciaga, and one on Cartier’s legacy too) and some of which looked stupid (i kid you not- How to Be A Man). if they weren’t so expensive I’d consider ordering the more interesting designer ones, but i can’t really afford to buy a 95 dollar hardcover or five. xD i think i can safely order the one on French Couture though, it’s not an arm and a firstborn, and it looked pretty interesting too. it’s probably only cheaper because it’s not specifically on on designer, but a whole country rife with them. xD it says it’s in a slipcase though, and those types of books always display well, so it could be worth it pretty easily. it’s something to think about at least, though the last thing i really need is more of anything for display purposes. xD my real problem, i suppose, is that there’s only so much space you can fill with bookcases in any given living situation.

today’s just been a funky kind of day i guess. nothing really bad, nothing super great, just a day that drags on and on feeling like it’ll never end. i'm at the point where i’m looking forward to going home to ignore Kyu’s choices of whatever he’ll watch on TV and do mindless data entry for money. i am a fan of money, and having more of it would make it easier to justify ordering some of the cheaper fashion-based books in that catalog. xD i'm very curious about a few of them.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm really glad that you have stuck with posting regularly. I smile when I see that you have a new post and look forward to reading it. I like seeing what music you are listening too and usually either I think, "Oh I have that" or "Oooh, I want that!".

I've never been a Katy Perry fan. I don't mind singing along to a couple of her songs on the readio, but would never buy her albums. I wouldn't mind getting Teenage Dream and California Girls from you before you dump the album.

I LOOOVEEE Ke$ha. I know it's a little trashy, but I think she is actually a pretty good song writer. I heard somewhere that her mother is a famous (for her songs at least) song writer with hundreds of songs done by famous people.

I love you and I'm glad that you are enjoying the progress you are making in various areas of your life! Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.