Tuesday, September 6, 2011

State of the Neko address: week 81

song+ On the Floor- Jennifer Lopez (ft Pitbull)- Love?
book+ the Nora Roberts Brides quartet
quest+ finishing my tarot arcana designs
upper+ inspiration is plentiful
downer+ expected but annoying issues post avocado encounter
attire+ pajamas
drink+ milk, my fondest love..


this isn't a Monday post, but seeing as i was delayed by socialization and not laziness i think it's forgivable. xD i spent my Monday with Jenni hanging out and talking and it was great. the only thing close to a smudge on the day was the smidgen of guacamole still in the loaded queso we had for lunch/early afternoon snack. we did remove the generous scoop before mixing up the rest, but it left vague remnants. not enough to leave me in anaphylactic shock, but today my tongue is swollen enough to cause me to lisp and my throat is so raw it hurts to drink anything at all. as breathing is unimpeded i consider the calculated risk worth it. it was damn good queso and conversation. xD

let's see, what else is going on? after my early-Sunday post (that felt like late Saturday to me) i headed upstairs to read for several hours and it occurred to me that even though i showed no other symptoms, the persistent (mild) fever and bouts of chills i'd been dealing with for a few days probably meant i was sick, so figuring a nap would help, i went to sleep something around one on Sunday afternoon and woke up about 7:30 Monday morning. since i felt considerably better i'll assume i needed it. i still feel better aside from the (expected) avocado difficulties. that's kinda what i get for willingly eating something visibly tainted by food i'm allergic to. xD except for lisping and a sore throat i feel fine today though, and i'm looking forward to heading back upstairs in a little while to either plug away on designs for my arcana project or to see what i turn out painting.

i've agreed to paint something for Jenni to complement the design aesthetic she already has going in her room, and also to complement their new bedroom set. i'm relatively sure i can turn out something that will please all involved, and something that i won't be ashamed to admit to producing. i have colors in mind, and a few nebulous ideas, but i don't think i want to plan this too much beyond mixing the colors, i'm thinking instinct rather than planning will produce the best results in this instance. in any event i'm happy to be working through more of my music, as soon as my iPod is done syncing the new playlist.

have i mentioned that i reached the Js for artists in my alphabetical listening to everything i have quest? xD my most recent playlist is most of J (starting with J.Lo) through the beginning of L (Lady Gaga) with the bonus of my rather hefty chunk listed for artist as Cast Recording (which somehow evaded an earlier playlist). Cast Recording is my default label for all my show tunes and soundtracks, unless there's one specific composer. it's easier than iTunes listing who's actually singing each song and making it list as a bajillion albums, and easier to navigate than "Various". it's the one i use on almost everything except for August Rush (which came listed as August Rush as an artist) or the Labyrinth soundtrack (which credits itself as a David Bowie album) or the Josie and the Pussycats movie soundtrack which is actually Letters to Cleo but credits itself as Josie and the Pussycats. i can only hope this playlist goes smoother than D through the beginning of J did. that was a good chunk of my summer between Enya, Goo Goo Dolls and Hoobastank each having several albums. xD this list includes all my Kylie Minogue and the Kings of Leon i got from Moose so there'll be hangups but K should be the only letter i spend more than a day or two on. i don't think i have a single artist who released an album prior to 2009 where i only have one album from them. xD generally i get ALL OF IT then listen to every bit and get rid of the things i don't care for. i just hate thinking that impatience could keep me from discovering something fantastic that just never got radio play. of course, i'd hardly know the difference since i don't listen to the radio. i pretty much rely entirely on recommendations and word of mouth to discover new music. xD

i've got other things tumbling in my mind, but nothing i'm ready to share, so i guess this post is done. xD

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Sorry I didn't scrape well enough. I swear I'm not trying to kill you! (or even maim!)

I'm super excited to have gotten to spend all day with you on Monday and that you are painting for me!