Monday, September 19, 2011

State of the Neko address: week 83

song+ Musical Ride- Hanson- Shout It Out
book+ Sailor Moon v1 (Kodansha ed)/ DQ6 guide
quest+ sewing and selling my finished tarot arcana designs
upper+ i have material on-hand suitable for most of them
downer+ i don't know if i'll be able to earn enough fast enough
attire+ pajamas. i'm a firm believer in comfort facilitating creativity
drink+ water.. maybe milk in a little while


so the last week hasn't included much productivity on my part, i actually spent most of it re-playing the Zenithian trilogy (4/5/6) of Dragon Quest games. so at least i had fun, and i reaffirmed that DQ4 is easily my favorite game ever. it may only be half as long as 5, and less than a third the length of 6, but it's made of undiluted awesome and i adore it. xD i get other games and i briefly enjoy them, but i have fun every time i play DQ4 and nothing ever manages to dull the shine of it for very long at all.

since i spent the weekend seriously thinking about it and weighing my options, i think i'm gonna see what i can do to make enough money to order Iple Bibiane after all. i want her for Eve's sister- Lilith (mother of all vampires). yeah, she may be released as a standard sculpt later on, but i really want her outfit and rifle/knife set too, so i'm gonna see if i can sell stuff to earn what i'll need for her (see the screen cap of my mock order below). if i do i'll be ordering her for my birthday, since her order period closes the day before it, so that's cool. Kyu wants me to sew up (and sell) the Arcana dresses i already have designed before i draw up any more. he figures if i do that i can easily manage the amount that i need. i just have doubts that i could manage to earn it in time. he could be right, but i'm reluctant to bank on my evident awesome magically pulling in just what i need right in the nick of time. xD Kyu figures that if i can make half of what i need for her by Oct 10 i'll be able to make the other half by the end of the order period, or close enough thereafter to do a short layaway. it's a goal to work toward at least. xD
Photobucket

i suppose that if i'm gonna try for her i should stop playing on my computer and head up to the office to start sewing things to sell. xD there's still a bit to move around so i can work comfortably up there, but i should be ready tomorrow to get to work on it all. whee!


there's one other thing to mention though, and it only applies to the local people, really (because as awesome as it'd be, i don't really see Roro flying down, finagling us a ride, and hitting a concert with me just to fly home after). for my birthday this year all i've told Kyu i want from him is to go to the Oct 15 Hanson concert at the State Fair (that's a Saturday, and it's slated to start at 8:30pm). he's willing to pay my way, and the admission of whoever takes me, but he'd really rather not go himself. he'll admit that their stuff got much better later on, but he'd prefer not to listen to it all the same. does anyone want to take me and enjoy a free concert and my company? i figure if i throw this out there now i'm likely to get a reply in time to actually plan something. xD

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Very sorry, but I'm out on the state fair. You might want to talk to both/ either of my children though.