Sunday, March 2, 2008

i went a little overboard..

song+ Phantom of the Opera- Phantom of the Opera
book+ last week's people magazine?
scent+ general puppyish smells
quest+ loading all moose's music into iTunes
upper+my music is all uploaded!
downer+ i'm a little bored..
attire+ black pajamas with pink and red pinstripes
drink+ milk

so i was bored today, and i went a little crazy with the candybar dollmaker. it's just so fun! and really easy to use. it's how i made all the dolls for my banner. today i decided to make a few outfits for everyone. xD i limited myself to four each. the first is something casual-dressy, followed by supercasual, then church-appropriate. the last outfit on everyone is something they would probably never really wear, but they're things i thought suited their personalities. xD i'd love to know what you all think of what i think of you. there's only one body type, so no nitpicking that you don't look like that.. (i'm thinking of you, mom) anyhow, here they are ordered by age to cut out any favoritism.. xD

this is mom. she wears a lot of classic pieces in bright colours, specifically red and purple. the ballgown is because she saw it in the banner and liked it. the only time i've seen mom dolled up even remotely princess-like is in her wedding photos.

jenni has enough style to wear trendy pieces and not look like a mindless fashion zombie. i do think that sometimes she could stand to throw the rules out the window and just have fun with her clothes.. i've never seen her in anything like the last outfit, but i think it would suit her perfectly.

bonnie has a very classy style, even when she's in jeans. i think that sometimes she might forget how young she still is though, so i tried to show off her fun side here. i wouldn't expect her to actually wear the arm-warmers, they were part of the top. i think a bracelet or two would be perfect instead. i love the clunky belt for her though.

roro has alwyas dressed as far from girly as possible, and that's fine, that's who she is. generally when she has to dress up, she'll come to me for advice. she ends up looking great, but feeling out of her comfort zone. i picked the last outfit because i think that you don't need frills and lace and acres of pink to be cute. it can be as simple as showing off your killer legs. (not necessarily in a skirt, all the shorts options were booty shorts, which is not what i'm suggesting here)

this is james. my choices here are more likely to be off base than anywhere else. xD i've only seen him dressed up twice and none of the options i had reflected the choices he made then.. so these are mostly casual choices. i picked the last one because all of his clothes are big on him, and if i were playing dressup, i'd put him in something smaller. nothing scandalous, just tailored to fit.

this is naku-chan. she wears lots of earth tones in kinda hippy-ish styles, and they look great on her, but if i got to play barbie, i'd throw her in white with a splash of colour.. something a little floofy and girly to represent her spazzy side.

this is my kyu. he's been asking my opinion on his clothes for a while now, so there's not much to say, he already dresses mostly like i want him to. xD i do wish that he would wear brighter colours and dressier shirts a little more often.. i love a dress shirt with jeans and sneakers!

finally, this is my moose! she looks really good in semi-preppy girly clothes. she does dress a little older than her age though. there's nothing wrong with dressing maturely, but i think every so often, she should embrace being a teenager. i think she'd look adorable in this white outfit with the yellow and purple star accents. i think i'd look pretty awesome in ti too, for that matter. xD

8 comments:

Lynn said...

I think you captured all of us, and I *love* the clothing you picked out for me!

The only person I didn't recognize was [I'm guessing?] James's lady?

OK if I link to this on my blog?

nekokoi said...

it's fine if you link to it, and yeah, naku would be james' girl.

Rory said...

It's been several years since I've seen ya'll in person, so I can't really remark on how up-to-date the fashion may be from person to person. I will say that you did a fabulous job bringing out each personality in the clothing, and face. *thumbs up*

Jenni said...

I am adding you to the list of sisters that I don't like anymore because I am supremely jealous of their artistic and creative talents. All those genes whizzed right by me. What awesome choices that bring out our personalities and fun loving. I think you did such a great job capturing us.
I love it!

Unknown said...

Homycrikies, this is completely awesome! XD You really got all of us spot on. You're right, I should wear frilly stuff on occasion. I think this calls for a trip to Goodwill! <3

Anonymous said...

*glomptackelhugs*
i love it!! <3
and i would totally would wear those boots too.
is it sad that i have something pretty much exactly like each of those outfits.
well except the last one dont worry mom.

Bonnie said...

That is pretty amazing, you did capture our styles and personality. It looked like so much fun that I went to that site and played around on my own. Some of the outfits I chose were almost exactly like the ones you picked for me. Nicely done.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.