Friday, June 18, 2010

State of the Neko address: week 17, part 2

song+ Animal- KeSha- Animal
book+ Wonder Girl: Champion
scent+ fig newtons
quest+ creative expression
upper+ i have my ticket paid for!
downer+ still so much to do..
attire+ work clothes
drink+ water


this week has been so busy there hasn't been time to draft anything up until now.. but i have a little breathing room presently, so here i am again.

this morning i officially booked and paid for my flights to and from Virginia next month. i don't have ticket numbers or anything yet, but i should soonish, and i now know more accurately what i can afford to budget for everything else. i'm also kinda super-psyched because actually having paid for my transit makes it more concrete that i'm actually going. xD it's now official and more than just a mutual plotting.

i've been working on a project that's based in redesigning superhero costumes to be more action-appropriate, and also reflect who they are personality-wise. i have my Supergirl and Wonder Girl designs pretty much fleshed out, and i'll likely finish them this weekend at Grandpa's. the next step is actually constructing them for FaithAnn/Rosalie and posing them to see if the design retains aesthetic value while in motion.. and the overall workability will be tested at that point too. i just need to figure out what i wanna do for the metal elements on the costumes.. i'm actually thinking of buying some of the air-drying sculpting medium Kyu uses for his Warhammer mods. it's kinda pricey, but of a good quality with a reasonable working-time, and a good solidity and firmness after drying. plus it's safe for acrylic paint, and should be fine against dolly resin too. for the most part what i sculpt won't be against resin directly, but in the instance of Wonder-family greaves/bracers they would be, and i want it to be as safe as possible. i'm excited about reaching that point of my redesign project though. it's gonna be super fun, and it'll all hopefully look pretty awesome too! we'll see how far i get this weekend, it depends on how much of what i need gets picked up tonight, but i'm super psyched at this point. xD when i get something done, i'll totally share it, i'm interested in the opinions of regular people who aren't huge comics nerds. i wanna know what my designs make ya'll think of the characters.

I'm hoping to be able to get the Wonder Girl done this weekend, and maybe the Supergirl too, but it's considerably more complex, so we'll have to see.. if i work on it tonight and tomorrow it's within the realm of possibility.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Looking forward to seeing this. Had a blast at the doll work meeting yesterday (at which I just socialized and finished modding the sock for my friend M). I missed having you with me, *and* I think it was good for me to attend without you this once, because I interacted more with the others. When I finish M's socks, I am making sweaters for Chutzpah and Faith from leftover laceweight yarn.