Monday, January 10, 2011

State of the Neko address: week 47

song+ BigBangTheory theme song
book+ nothing presently
quest+ getting more dolls sold soonish
upper+ been making progress on personal projects
downer+ there doesn't seem to be enough time in a given day..
attire+ pajamas
drink+ milk


Day Nine: Two images that describe your life right now, and why.

1.) Photobucket
it's a cluttered office, with multiple desks, piles of fabric and notions, sorted bundles of art supplies, and dolls side by side within reach. a small area on the main desk is entirely cleared for room do draw out designs. supplies pertaining to other hobbies are visible, but put aside as the focus here is establishing the design and manufacture enterprise i've undertaken. it should be pretty obvious, this image is my office currently. xD it's chaotic and cluttered, but it's how i work.
2.) Photobucket
this is more symbolic of how my time is spent now. i'm either designing and figuring out what i'd like to make and what i think will sell, or i'm slaving to make the patterns so i can actually make and sell the things i've worked SO HARD to design. this is what my life boils down to lately. it's exhausting and the hours really never stop, but it's so much more fulfilling than any 9 to 5 job ever was. i really do LOVE what i'm trying to do now. this is my iPod and speakers for the music that keeps me going. my pencil, eraser, fine point pens, and Prismacolor markers for the designs themselves. it's some finished designs and the materials i've picked for the self-fulfillment projects i'm working on side by side with the business setup. there's also the tape and vellum pieces and stuff for making the patterns.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh. Images. As in pictures. Being the verbal wench that I am, I naturally went for 1000 words is worth a picture. I may want to rethink my draft for this post.

nekokoi said...

being a visual creature myself, i went for the literal follow-through. xD i don't think either approach could really be wrong though.